LEVEL : Form 4
TIME : 80 minutes
AIM(S) : To upload videos and persuade friends to watch them using persuasive
speech (listening and speaking skill)
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENT :
- One computer for each student with an Internet connection and a Web Browser.
Websites : www.facebook.com
- Locate sites that can offer uploading videos within the networking. Eg, facebook.com
- Prepare a worksheet for the lesson.
- Ask the students to sign up for an account if they do not have any yet.
- Search for an interesting video first on “how to make cupcakes” from
- Then, locate the video tab in facebook homepage and upload the video based on the instruction given.
- Teacher shows a demo on how to upload the video to the students.
- Teacher distributes the worksheet on persuasive speech outline to the students.
- The students brainstorm on the points to persuade others to add him and watch the video that they have uploaded.
- Teacher calls one by one to present their speech based on the written outline.
- One student is supposed to persuade his classmates to add him and watch the video as well as relay comments whenever appropriate.
FOLLOW-UP ACTIVITY :
- Students try to find out any other interesting video so that it can be shared with the added friends.
- Browse through the friends’ page and send comments or suggestions on their uploaded video.